Structural Metal Framing
Structural metal framing is very commonly used in commercial applications because it helps create a solid, resilient structure. At Absolute Drywall Construction, we’ve extensively worked with this material and building technique for several years now and know how to handle all types of structural metal framing in Washington, D.C. projects. These structures can bear a considerable amount of load and easily support a tall structure. That’s why structural metal frames are ideal for commercial applications.
What is Structural Metal Framing?
A structural metal frame consists of horizontal beams and vertical columns that form a metal skeleton. This skeleton is carefully put together to ensure that the structure is strong. When we handle installation of metal framing systems in Baltimore, we ensure that the joints are secure so they don’t detach.
This skeleton will act as a support for various other structures in the building, including the roof, floors, walls, etc. The different kinds of framing systems include:
- Clear-span rigid frame structure
- Modular structural frame
- Single slope frame
When we are handling your project, the framing type we choose will be dependent on the height, location, width, roof, and the building use.
What are the Advantages of this Material?
All construction materials have their advantages and disadvantages. It’s vital to choose a frame that would suit your requirements. Structural metal framing is widely used in commercial construction for a variety of reasons, such as:
- This frame offers a great deal of flexibility to the builder. You can create a variety of building and room shapes with the help of metal frames.
- Metal is very resilient and will last for a very long time, especially if it’s treated with protective coatings. That increases the life of the building as well.
- Metal framing will also be able to withstand the natural elements better. While wood can be damaged and become vulnerable to insects, metal can withstand heat, moisture, and general wear and tear better.
- Metal will also support taller and heavier walls. You can build big rooms with high ceilings with the help of structural metal framing systems in Northern Virginia.
Metal is also recyclable and reusable, which makes it a green product. Using it in your commercial property would be better for the environment.
We can provide you with high grade Structural Metal Framing solutions. For any questions about structural metal framing, please feel free to contact us at Absolute Drywall Construction. Our number is 301-977-0218. You can also fill in this contact us form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.